CEVE 565 Sp23 NanoEnvironmental Engineering for Teachers
Started Jan 12, 2023
Full course description
The NanoEnvironmental Engineering for Teachers (NEET) course is designed to serve AP environmental science teachers. The program's purpose is to increase educators' content knowledge and empower them to implement rigorous project-based engineering activities on water sustainability. We will accomplish this goal by mastering environmental science content and exploring the most effective proven “best practices” in educational pedagogy. Every teacher participant is expected to engage in active discussions and analysis. This requires that every teacher participant critically analyze readings and content activities as they evaluate their own classroom practices.
The program aims to increase educators' content knowledge and empower them to implement rigorous project-based engineering activities on water sustainability in the classroom. The goals of NEET are:
1. To think reflectively and critically about current teaching practice.
2. To improve secondary teachers’ understanding of advanced placement and state standards.
3. To facilitate the transformation of teacher practice by exploring best practices in educational pedagogy.
4. To disseminate NEWT research conducted at Rice University, Yale, The University of Texas-El Paso, and Arizona State University.
5. To support NEET participants in applying problem-based learning and engineering practices.