Full course description
Change Anything is open to current Rice University employees. If you’re not a current Rice University employee, but are interested in taking the class, contact Marie Wehrung at email@example.com for assistance.
An organization can’t improve unless its people do. And people don’t change unless they are willing and able to do so. Change Anything is a breakthrough application of powerful social science skills to equip everyone with the ability to succeed at self-directed change. Change Anything skills help employees and leaders take charge of their own change in ways that lead to greater engagement, performance, health, and personal happiness. Change Anything training is a classroom course that teaches you to recognize the personal, social, and environmental forces of influence currently working against you—and then turn them in your favor. By doing so, you become more engaged and productive, and ten times more likely to solve complex problems.
The Change Anything workshop teaches a step-by-step approach for changing the behavior of individuals:
- Escape the willpower trap.
- Be the scientist and the subject.
- Identify clear, measurable, time-bound results.
- Create vital behaviors.
- See all six sources.
Through hands-on exercises and video case studies of successful “changers,” Change Anything will teach you how to:
- Diagnose what’s keeping you stuck in the status quo.
- Create change plans that lead to desirable and lasting results.
- Translate performance feedback into action.
- Use six sources of influence to make individual change inevitable.